Meeting Minutes – 9/27/2011
September 28, 2011
Here are the items we discussed this meeting:
- We are planning on hiking up to The “P” this Sunday (Oct 2) starting at around 4:30 or 5pm until about 7pm. We’ll have trash bags and plan on cleaning up any trash we encounter, but we’ll also be enjoying a nice hike to a scenic location.
- In case you didn’t know or notice, we are having regular meetings Sundays at 11am in Kreuzberg CA on Higuera St. More information about it in this news post.
- AU-SLO has a booth at farmers every other week which includes this Thursday (Sept. 29th). It is down in front of Kreuzberg so come down and say hi to everyone there!
- AU-SLO and AHA are together bringing Bobbie Kirkhart, President of Atheists United with a talk titled “You Can’t Reason with Them: The Chinese Finger-Torture of Talking Religion with True Believers.” This will be October 24th at 5:30pm. The room will be announced closer to the event.
- We are planning on guided discussion on basic philosophy, logical fallicies, and the like. If you’re interested in this, have an opinion on it, or have other ideas for meetings get in touch with either Jake Tobin or Bryan Scott via email or Facebook.
- As soon as possible we want to start running poster campaigns on campus with the goals of both awareness raising and getting new members. If you have an idea or want to help design a campaign, contact Jake or Bryan! Some ideas discussed included:
- “Good without god”
- “Don’t believe in god? You’re not alone”
- Simply “Alliance of Happy Atheists” written to cover the entire page.
- Something regarding the claim atheists are evil.
- In case you haven’t heard, we are adopting a dues structure to help fund all of our events, promotions, and speakers. We would appreciate if you could pay the $20 dues, and with paying that you will get a free T-shirt! We have historically had seriously limited funds to work with so as we try and grow to do more additional funds will make new, more frequent events possible.
- Regarding T-Shirts, we need to decide on a T-Shirt design. If you have suggestions or ideas please contact Jake or Bryan. Some suggested ideas included:
- “My Life is… Rich, Satisfying, Meaningful, godless.”
- Alliance of Happy Atheists (written large)
- Atheist, written so only the whitespace is shown (image coming later)
- Happy face with the word atheist written underneath.
As always, if you have an idea for the club, want to get involved, or have a question simply email email@example.com or contact Jake or Bryan directly. Also remember that any non-theist or non-theist friendly person is always welcome at our meetings an events.